Game of the Week

13th January 2013

Huntsman 1-1 Legion

The Huntsman welcomed their pitch sharing rivals on a fine Sunday morning
Game of the Week 13th January 2013, Huntsman v Legion

1st Half

Huntsman kicked off and enjoyed the majority of the possession for the first five minutes Alistair Gibson and Michael Sproates linking up well down the Huntsman’s right hand side. Michael Howe looking to impress was unlucky not to get through on goal after turning his defender, he soon made amends though after rolling his defender off a long throw in and firing in low from what looked a very tight angle. (0-1)

This sparked the game into life with both midfields getting forward into the opposition box. Chris Palmer tipped over a venomous strike from David Teder which forced one of many Huntsman corners during the game. The Legion had a few half chances to score a second a last ditch tackle denying Michael Howe a second goal.

The Legion conceded a penalty after John Barnes was clipped by Jamie Hindle it seemed a soft penalty, but it was a foul and the correct decision was made, David Teder stepped up but his penalty was well saved by penalty specialist Chris Palmer. The Huntsman pressed towards the end of the second half but some poor shooting from the edge of the area as well as some good closing down in particular from Chris Jones meant few clear cut chances.

One of The Huntsman’s 37 corners led to a goal line clearance and The Legion were still struggling to clear their lines with some particularly poor passing in the 1st half. Not long before half time Connor Hughes struck the post after a fine Legion move and a lovely lay off from Chris Jones, his shot was struck powerfully past a beaten Neil Dodds but the ball rebounded to safety. Paul Cook also had a decent free kick well saved in Doddsy’s top right hand corner.

The manager was content at half time but knew that 1st half performances had come easier than 2nd half’s recently,

2nd Half
The second half started with The Legion having a couple of counter attacks thwarted from Neil Dodds, then some embarrassing defending which involved both centre halves led to a chance for David Teder who passed to his teammate who then slotted into the empty net

Howe had a one on one well saved and Chris Jones couldn’t squeeze his left footed shot past the Keeper’s big left boot. Couple of close offside calls at both ends of the field, Michael Sproates drove to the edge of the Legion box but fired wide right of the goal.

A Legion free kick led to an overhead kick from Adam Gittins but his effort was less than spectacular, Chris Palmer then made a good save which rebounded to the edge of his 6 yard box but did well to recover and pick up just before the Huntsman could tap in.

The Legion were starting to enjoy less breaks and were under pressure a lot of balls coming into the box, Clarky giving away a free kick despite the whole team shouting don’t foul one second prior to the incident.

All of a sudden though there was only injury time left, Henty played the ball back to Clegg who chose to leave the ball for the opposition, all of a sudden John Barnes was away down the left hand side the centre halves covered the ball was crossed in and cleared to the edge of the box. On the edge was Emerice Sheldon who cut inside onto his favoured right peg however Gaz Fawcett was there to intervene punting the ball straight to David Teder on the byline who made amends for his earlier penalty miss by smashing in from a tight angle via a deflection. (1-1) As the Legion went to kick off the final whistle was blown.


Want your own website or web address? Click below for some fantastic offers!!


tumblr stats